- TX-22: Tom DeLay has three options: run again, officially withdraw, or get the legislature to change the rules on his behalf. Now which sounds most like Tom DeLay to you?
- VA-05: Rep. Virgil Goode (R) leads for re-election 49.2% to 35%
- OH-18: But Bob Ney (R) looks like he's going down, trailing Democrat Zach Wamp 45% to 36%
- SC-Gov: Republican Governor Mark Sanford just hit a snag. Republican State Senator Jake Knotts is going to run against him as an independent, possibly splitting the Republican vote. State Senator Tommy Moore is the Democratic nominee.
- TX-Gov: Looks like Kinky get to be Richard "Kinky" Friedman on the ballot, but Strayhorn can't be "Your Grandma". Now that it's no longer taken, maybe Chris Bell can be Chris "Grandma" Bell? Please leave other such ideas in the comments if you're so inclined.